I love reading articles about art! They inspire me create pencil portraits and also live a better life. But one article I read recently really impressed me.
“8 Ways Art Can Improve Your Life” – gave me a refreshing reminder of how pencil drawings can effect other people. Why it’s so important to have and share colored pencil art with others. My favorite on this list is number 8 🙂
1. LEARN – Art gets you out of your comfort-zone, it sits on your wall expecting attention and give you a chance to learn about an artist, an image and yourself.
2. PROVOKE – Not all art has to be scandalous to provoke an emotional response. Look at a work of art and figure out what it means to you or to somone you know.
3. HEAL – Art can be that positive object in your home that makes the whole space uplifting.
4. LOVE – Art can have that personal meaning that evokes the strongest emotions. Far more sentimental than your favorite pair of shoes, a work of art is a constant reminder of what matters most.
5. LISTEN – Looking at art is when you can pause, think and reflect.
6. CREATE – Let the art in your life inspire you to be creative in your whole lif.
7. ENQUIRE – Look closely at the details, become curious about the different textures and colors. Try looking at the same work of art in a different way – it will keep your mind sharp!
8. GIVE – Have you ever known the pleasure of giving a treasure to someone else? Giving art is an emotional investment! The gift of art is a unique and wonderful way to show someone you care for them.
You can read the entire article HERE
Follow me today on Twitter and Instagram and watch as works of art come to life from rough sketches to final pieces!
Maybe you’re thinking, “I want more than just an image on my computer. I want the real thing for my home RIGHT NOW!” No worries! Order an original drawing from the gallery – just let me know which one you want and I will send it out to you!
Looking for something a little different? Visit the Noses N’ Poses Store!
Today at the store I am in love with this Black Dog Pillow – because that is one chic couch accessory: